• 200 cigarettes or
• 50 cigars or
• 454 grammes of tobacco products
• 1 quart of spirits and
• 1 quart of wine
• Personal items including clothes, shoes and watches etc not intended for sale
• Legal items up to $100.00 in value can also be imported.
• Local currency can is allowed entry with prior permission from the central bank of the Bahamas. There is currently no restriction on the amount of foreign currency that can be imported or exported out of the country. Residents and travellers can both export up to 70 Bahamian dollars with permission from the central bank.
• Illegal drugs
• Guns, explosives and ammunition
• Knives and deadly weapons
• Plant and plant products
• Meat and meat products
• Animals coming from rabies infected regions
• Counterfeit money and goods
• Pornographic material
• All firearms and ammunition are banned unless possessing a police permit authorised by the commissioner prior to entering the country.
• All pets being imported into the country will need to be over six months of age before being granted admission. A veterinarian health certificate issued 24 hours before embarkation and a rabies vaccination certificate will also be required in order to be granted admission to the country. Cats and dogs coming from rabies infected countries will not be granted admittance.
• Meat, Poultry, Plant and agricultural products will require permission from the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries.